Standard books Or IIT JAM Study Material by Eduncle – Review before Exam


Those who are preparing for IIT JAM exam at least once in a life have faced the same question about which books to go for. Even I had plenty of hard time dealing with this issue. Once I was so confused that I decided to drop the idea of going for the IIT JAM Exam. Although, as a result of making the right decision at the right time, I did end up qualifying this prestigious exam.

Before delivering the helpful review, it must be clear that it’s not “Standard books vs IIT JAM Study Material”. Both the sources works differently for the different person also depending upon the motive of their preparation. Even I used both standard books and Eduncle’s study material to prepare for the IIT JAM exam. And no doubt, standard books are ideal for an in-depth knowledge of the subject and its topics.





To be honest, I started my preparation with standard books only without getting any prior information about the coaching institutes. After collecting all the famous books (most of which were written by foreign authors)  I ended up with a mountain of books on my study table. After gathering all my courage, I started reading them and with time I faced the following difficulties with the standard books:


1. Apart from the exam specific content, a lot more information is also there which is quite not relevant to the exam point of view. Although, they can be useful if you are interested in gaining more and more knowledge with plenty of time to invest. But if your focus is on cracking the exam which is already tough, then you might not want to spend extra time on extra stuff.

2. Get ready for a heap of books on your table! Each topic has its own heavy book and the thought of completing them all might frighten you to the core.  

3. The language can be tough for you if you are average at studies. The standard books, no doubt contains good questions, but they are not specifically for IIT JAM 2019. Smartness is to solve exam focused questions. Not too easy not too hard.

4. Making notes from standard books is really tough. You’d need to remember page numbers,

After all the above difficulties I faced I decided that I will move to a more focused study material. So, I started googling it and again I find myself in the swamp of confusion. Every single coaching institute was claiming their study material to be the best.

To get out of this swamp I decided to read the honest reviews of the study materials. Amongst them, I found Eduncle's Reviews and Results quite impressive. Supported by my senior’s advice, I decided to go for it.  And this ended up being the best decision I made for my preparation. Following are the reasons to prove it:

1. The right content specifically focused on the IIT JAM exam syllabus which means bye-bye extra information and weight of the books.

2. The quality questions were specifically based on IIT JAM as mentioned in the Eduncle’s review. The number of questions is also quite enough to practice.

3. Comparatively easier to understand content helped me understanding in less time. Along with the study material I was also benefited with:

  • Real-time Mock Test
  • Previous Year’s Question Papers
  • Solved Modal Test Papers
  • Faculty guidance and support


With so many perks, I was able to prepare for the exam more easily and efficiently. But, it doesn’t mean I betrayed my standard books. Along with Eduncle’s study material, I invested extra efforts on specific topics using the standard books. So, thanks to Eduncle and other standard books because of which I was able to crack the exam. I hope that this Eduncle’s review will be useful for you as well in your preparation.
All the Best…!!

Study Smart!!
Standard books Or IIT JAM Study Material by Eduncle – Review before Exam Standard books Or IIT JAM Study Material by Eduncle – Review before Exam Reviewed by Richa Matani on 23:56 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.